IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pujols20 (Techie)     18 June 2012

How to withdraw sureties amount ?

There was a criminal case against accused. Personal bonds for Rs 10000 with two sureties were executed at the time of getting bail. Now the criminal case is closed and disposed off. Please suggest what is the process of getting the Surety amounts back,  what applications/petitions are to be filed under which CRPC ?


 8 Replies

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     18 June 2012

Wait till the expiry of period of limitation for filing the appeal.  Then, make an application seeking for return of the surety amount.

Normally, courts will deposit the amount in a Nationalised Bank.  So, court will issue the said F.D.R. to the sureties enabling to get back the amount with interest up to date.

Naziya (NIL)     19 June 2012

make a application to judicial clerk with photo and relevant reciept of amount deposited as surety in the concerned court, within the one month the cheque which stands on  ur name will be handed over to u

shalini (software engineer)     21 June 2012

Hi all,

I also have one question here. Can husband and wife could beconsidered  two sureties?




sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     21 June 2012

@Shalini, Certainly, there is no bar for it.

shalini (software engineer)     21 June 2012

thanks sridhar. I hav one more quetsion regarding the bail. My family need the 8 surieties so that means theses people will be blocking their ammount until the case is complete. In our case it might take even 3-4 years.

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     23 June 2012

What is your question?

shalini (software engineer)     25 June 2012

I am sorry that I am not clear. My question is that would the surites block his/her money till the case is completed?


(If so then no friend will help us to become the surities. )

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     26 June 2012

yes, cash sureties will not be refunded when the case is pending provided new sureties are furnished in the place of earlier sureties.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query