Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Durgam Girish   17 June 2020

How to withdraw my complaint filed with SHRC ?

I have filed a complaint with SHRC regarding power and personal harrassment of my ex employer. I have made several mails and even an application for withdrawal of my complaint. But a case was opened neglecting my requests. How can I withdraw my complaint ?

Learning

3 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     17 June 2020

What is the reason for seeking to withdraw the complaint?

SHRC is not a court, but a fact finding body. The Commission has authority to continue with the inquiry notwithstanding your change of mind.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     18 June 2020

It is not your whim and fancies that at one point of time you are filing a complaint before the Commission and subsequently intending and submitting to withdrawi it.

Let the law take its own course or face consequency.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     18 June 2020

Which state SHRC?  From your name, it should be either Telangana or Andhra Pradesh.  Andhra Pradesh state is not having any HRC, Lokaykta etc., APHRC is not having a Chairman or office,, and no one is aware of the fate of the petitions being filed for last two years.  If you have sent such withdrawal letter, ignore for the present.  Keep that registered post receipt pasted to the withdrawal letter and down load the delivery status from indiapost website.   In case if there are summons, just send another xerox copy stating that the complaint was withdrawn.  They will be the happiest persons, as they can show a disposal case even without hearing.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register