Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

How to withdraw 13-b ? lawyer misguiding me

HI,

In my recent date of Mutual Consent Divorce Section -13 B, I asked judge that i am withdrawing my consent but judge said that then why you have filed it? Then he called me and mywife in his cabin for counseling ... and aksed us to come on next date. Now i want to withdraw it so that case does not come on board . My lawer says that judge will convert it into 13-A in next date. What i want is , i would like to file a written application to registrar to withdraw my case, is it possible that if i withdraw my case it will not come on board of judge?

Thanks

Learning

7 Replies

AANAND KUMAR SETHI ADV.   27 October 2016

Amit ji city kaun si hai aur agar aapne withdraw application move kar di hai to case withdraw hi hoga next date ki koi zaroorat nahi hai agar aapke lawyer abhi bhi same version hi kehte hain to 12/NOV./2016 ko NATIONAL LOK ADALAT hai jisme kisi second counsel ko authority dekar withdraw karwa sakte hai...... AANAND KUMAR SETHI ADVOCATE www.sethiandassociates.com www.sethiandassociates.co.in 09307488799,09936428799

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     28 October 2016

After  you withdraw if  the judge meanwhile converts  the MCD inti unilateral Divorce under section 13 A you need not wait.. Even if you wait for  2 or 3days  after your withdrwal your case it won't come up  in the judge's Board what's going to hppen? Heavens are not going to fall in such a short period of time. Soon the Judge will convert your  MCD into unilateral Divorce petition  u /s 13 A. You wanted it  and now it is happening.What else you want?If  you appreciate this answer please click  the thank you buton  on this forum.

Samarpan (M)99958670740 (Free legal advice and legal aid cell)     28 October 2016

It is always advisable to withdraw mutual consent divorce petition by filing a written application withdrawing your consent.  The judge has got no option except to allow your application and dismiss the case.  Your MCD petition cannot be automatically changed by the judge Under Section 13 (1)(a), because that petition needs different drafting and detailed grounds, which are not at all available in MCD petition.  At the most, the judge will ask the wife to file a contesting divorce petition on the grounds available to her.

1 Like

A walk alone (-)     28 October 2016

Why do you want to withdraw 13b? Do you want to roam courts or waste money on lawyer? MCD is golden opportunity of your life. Anyway its your life your decision. you can file a written application withdrawing your consent.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     29 October 2016

Discuss with your spouse and do not appear in the court on next date(s), the judge will automatically dismiss your petition.

However, under no circumstances MCD can be converted into any other provision of law, as advised.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 October 2016

I endorse the views of Samarpan above which is the correct and proper advise.

A walk alone (-)     31 October 2016

Please click thank you button for Ms Usha kapoor.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register