Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aspirant   22 February 2022

How to surrender obc-ncl certificate

Respected advocates,

I obtained OBC-NCL certificate in 2019 and latest renewal was in July 2021. To prove my Caste, I relied on a State government circular that considered my caste equivalent to another caste included in Central OBC list for my state. However, upon enquiry with National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC), I found that my caste name is neither included in Central list nor in State list of OBC, hence I would be treated as GENERAL in Govt of India exams. I am lucky that I did not avail any benefit of the OBC-NCL so far. Therefore, I applied for EWS certificate as I satisfy all the eligibility criteria and received the same recently. How can I surrender my previous OBC-NCL now as I cannot use it Or just not renewing it is enough from legal point of view? Will I be in problem in future for not surrendering OBC-NCL before obtaining EWS if I get a job using the EWS in future?

Regards

Learning

4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     23 February 2022

The proper way is to surrender by obtaining such acknowledgment on the copy of such certificate stating that the beneficiary surrendered the original certificate on...............to Shri................, Designation..................

Once a certificate was issued on the basis of a declaration through affidavit, the certificate remains valid till the certificate is canceled by the same authority.  The problem comes only if such certificate was obtained through misrepresentations and any benefits are derived using such certificate obtained through false declaration.

Aspirant   26 February 2022

Respected Prasad Sir,

The OBC claim was based on state govt's internal circular which is not available in public domain. Further my caste is not present in the OBC-list in the website of State Backward Class Welfare dept/Backward Class Commission. Therefore, relying upon the material available in public domain, I feel I am not entitled to OBC benefits and have not received any employment based on that so far. Therefore I applied for EWS as a GEN caste candidate as I got NCBC RTI saying that my Caste is included in OBC Central list. 

Should I approach SDO office or Court regarding this?

Regards

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     26 February 2022

You can provide a self-attested copy of such information provided by NCBC, and the certificate provided by Tehsildar to him and can request for such certificate stating the Central Govt list.   These issues can be settled with one-to-one meetings with Tehasildar during any Grievance day.

P. Venu (Advocate)     18 April 2022

It is open to you to ignore the certificatye and submit applications only as a general candidate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register