LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anupam Dubey (Unemployed due to 498A)     13 May 2016

How to surrender gun?

A cousin of mine, who is around 67 years of age is facing a problem, please guide us!


Her husband expired in 2007 and in his life time, he had Amr License and also he bought a double barrel gun.


After his death, due to ignorance, she didn't do anything regarding her husband's license or gun.


Now government is working for National Database of Arm Licenses, so she started searching her husband's license, which she could not find.


We tried in police station and every possible place we could to get license number, but failed.


She never receieved any notice from police also whenever elections were there, so this even raises suspecion as to from which city he got license, he was in transferable central govt job and had worked in many locations.


Now the problem is that she has gun with her but neither the licence, not its details and the person in whose name license was is also dead; she has to surrender/submit the gun in police station or with DM, how can she do it?


Please guide us with the procedure to be addopted for this...


Thanking in anticipation!


 1 Replies

Siddharth Dev (Advocate)     13 May 2016

sir you can surrender gun after making an application to DM of your region

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register