LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

msgr   20 May 2015

How to stop redevelopment

I am a resident in a bldg with 5 others. This is not a regd hsg society. Some flat owners are illegally tryin to connive with a builder and try to give the land to some builder for redevelopment. We suspect the original owners signature may be forged . What steps can we take to prevent this illegal action ? Can I file a complaint with the Police ( Economic Offences Wing) or get a stay order to prevent this ? They are putting up notices in the premises with false information etc. There is no agreement with residents in place. Everything is being done illegally. What practical immediate steps can we take ?

Learning

5 Replies

bsrao   20 May 2015

File a writ in the High Court and obtain status quo. You have a fit case. 

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     20 May 2015

Sir, Send a complaint without disclosing your personal details and get the complaint registered against them .... Kapil Chandna Adv Warm Regards 9899011450

msgr   21 May 2015

Thank you sirs for your expert advice.

1. How long will the "Writ" process take  ?

2. Can I get a stay order on the other residents preventing them from entering into a sale agreement with the redeveloper ?

Adv Kapil chandna - I did not follow your point. How do I register a complaint without revelaing personal details. How do I get it registered against them ? Is this with police /high court ?

So far there is no registered redevelopment agreement. Only the 14 day notice has been published to which we have responded mentioning our right,title and interest. Inspite of our objections they are trying to go ahead with redevelopment. Kindly advise

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     21 May 2015

Generally these are criminal elements. Some years ago there was a similar case in Vile Parle, Mumbai. The Secretary, the local police inspector, some media persons, some politicians and of course the Builder, all had a finger in the pie. The wife of the complainant, who was a society member, was killed. Instead of going to court you better compalin to a donkey. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 May 2015

As rightly observed by Dr. Ramani, the land mafia involved in it are pretty dangerous. They have scant respect for the law. They do not abide by law hence any amount of court stay order will not make any impact on them. You may try for an alternate route or approach high court with a writ petition, for that you may have to contact a high court practicing lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register