LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

neeraj   29 October 2023

How to stop neighbors to park their car in front of our home windows

i am staying in posh locality of ludhiana, punjab. and  from some days my neighbours have started parking their cars right below my house windows. because my house is in corner and therefore having two public roads. so therefore my house windows also come in public road. and in order to avoid parking in front of gate we had panted plants. and in order to park his car he (neighbour) shifted one plant to 2 feet. so please tell me what should we do to ensure legally that we ask them to stop parking car in front of my house windows?

Learning

10 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 October 2023

You can talk to him and inform him that the parking disturbs your privacy hence to look for some other place for parking or move the parking little more which may not cause any disturbance to anyone.

If he is not listening you can make a complaint to the local civic body mentioning the disturbance due to the such parking and also it causes invasion of privacy since the car is parked just near the window.

You can even lodge a criminal complaint against him for creating nuisance and invasion of privacy

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 October 2023

The facts posted do not suggest of any injury (in the legal sense) caused to you or to anyone else or any legal provision having been violated.

neeraj   29 October 2023

it means we can not take action. and he is allowed to move our plant and park his car just in front of our window? who has allowed him to move plant or flowerpot to park his car? is it no nuisance? there is no law or legal action against him

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 October 2023

This is an act of nuisance besides trespass into your property.

You can lodge a complaint to the local civic body or the local police aagainst his unruly and arrogant behavior including the acts of threats and intimidation besides trespass and nuisance..

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     30 October 2023

Discuss and sort out the issue amicably.

neeraj   30 October 2023

which section or under which law we can file or lodge a criminal complaint against him for creating nuisance and invasion of privacy?

P. Venu (Advocate)     30 October 2023

Admittedly, he had parked the car in the public road and you had placed the plant and flower pot outside your property. How could he be accused of invasion of your property or causing nuisance? 

In our country, there are no special laws for "posh" localities.

Viewed from a larger perspectives, the facts posted suggest nothing more than mere pettiflogging. Residents of posh localities are expected to be large-hearted and responsible citizens capable rising above such meritless disputes and controversies.

neeraj   30 October 2023

P venu sir i agree there are no special laws for posh localities. but can i lodge lodge a criminal complaint against him for creating nuisance and invasion of privacy?(because he has parked car just infront of window) as T. Kalaiselvan sir said but under which section or law

himanshu   31 October 2023

i came across this discussion. i want to know clearly under which section or law we can file complaint for creating nuisance and invasion of privacy?

P. Venu (Advocate)     31 October 2023

Mr. Himanshu:

Any suggestion depends upon the facts and circumstances of the alleged nuisance and invasion of property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register