LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jagan mohan reddy   10 November 2023

How to set the farming land boundaries within one survey number

Hi All,

We are 3 persons and acquired some farming land from my father and purchased some land from my cousins. The whole land is belongs to one survey number. The issue is that no one is happy with their boundaries because acquired land has no boundaries and sold ones are have boundaries.  We all have decided to partition this land(both acquired and sale) based on each one has per our passbooks.

In the above case, do we required to go for new registrations with setting up boundaries OR go to civil court for proper partitions. 

Your advise will be great help for me and my family.

Many thanks 




 3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     10 November 2023

Apply the Tahsildar to re-survey the land and set boundaries.  As per report of the VRO/RI necessary action will be taken.

1 Like

jagan mohan reddy   10 November 2023

Thank you so much for your reply. Much appreciated. In one survey no, total land is 10 acres. one person has 6 acres( in this two acres came from inheritance and rest of 4 purchased from his cousins) but the point is 2 acres & 4 acres of land not next to each other  , another one has 3 acres ( he got 2 acres from inheritance and 1 acres purchased), here also same like 2 acres and 1 acre is not next to each other , the last person has 1acre of land( received from inheritance) .  In this scenario, Is Tahsildar helps/resolve? 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     11 November 2023

It is advised that all of you sit together, discuss about the partition and the conditions among yourselves, arrive at a mutually agreed condition on all the aspects including divisionof proeprties  by metes and bounds and by good and bad soil.

Then with the help of a surveyor you can demarcate the boundaries, draw a partition deed, reduce it to writing, get the deed registered and once everyone get the original partition deed that was prepared into number of originals at par with the number of shareholders, you all can either apply indivudally or jointly for sub division and mutation of revenue records with the revenue department. Once the property is sub divided, you all will get a separate survey number for your respective proeperties. 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register