LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Satish (product support)     02 May 2011

How to send summons to wife who is in USA

   My wife deserted me and left to USA 10 months back. While going to USA she told that she is going for 3 months but from then onwards she is not returning back .She work for IT Company called TCS. If I want to send summons to her what is the procedure I need to follow. I don’t have her residential address in USA and also I don’t know in which state she is currently know. Can I  file divorce under the grounds of desertion and cheating? , can i ask court send summons to her company hr , Please advice .


 6 Replies

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     02 May 2011

the procedure is same as india.


you have to get her signature for the satisfaction of court.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     02 May 2011

if you have details of passport etc then may send the notice through indian embassy.

1 Like

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     02 May 2011

@ Author

There are two options that I suggest;

A. Contact a bonafide detective and on his Letter Head take full details of her foreign postings physical location from this detectives TCS HQ’s sources. It is doable and presentable stuff we do regularly in Court of Law in India. Well it cost good money

Stretch your corporate antennas in FB / Linkedin and get her details from these corporate sources in TCS HQs. It is time consuming and a well thought networking exercise people like me who have all the time in the world do only for myself

2. Once you have the details of her physical location in
USA search from US State
official website the Court location under which her physical address comes and below is the legal gyan how it is done;

Summon to foreign: S. 166 CrPC deals with reciprocal arrangements regarding processes.
A Court in India can send summons or warrants in duplicate to a court in a foreign country for service or execution and the said foreign court will cause the service or execution. S. 166 - A CrPC deals with letter of request to the competent authority for investigation in foreign country. A criminal court in India may issue a letter or request to a court or a competent authority to examine orally any person supposed to be acquainted with facts and circumstances of the case to record his statement made in the course of such examination and also to require such person or any other person to produce any document or thing.

1 Like

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     03 May 2011

Dear Tajobsindia, easier said than done.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     04 May 2011


Originally posted by :Om Prakash Dhusia
Dear Tajobsindia, easier said than done.

A litigant need not know Law but all he needs is one motto in any of the concerned Court in India; “PASSION”……..

Passion as per me is: “A aggrieved husband’s tail shall be on fire” then only he shall have passion to diligently peruse his case otherwise he will simply pay fees to we the ld. Advocates

Isn’t it easier to follow-up than say I am done with it!

1 Like

ShivShanker saini (Advocate)     08 May 2011

ever thing can be possible If person want to to do so, and willng to pay money and  his/her  PASSION   for the same

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads