LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sree Rekha   02 March 2020

How to sell land of deceased person by legal hire

Do we need to do register land of deceased person which will come to legal hire. Can the legal hire sell the land directly or registration is required. how to change the name of the land on legal hire name


 4 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     02 March 2020

You need to transfer the titlt of land from the deceased person to his LRsa and that can be done in land records department/revenue departmet. Just get a legal heir certficate and apply for transfer of land, after that you can sell the land.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     02 March 2020

Dear querist,

You have to get legal heirship certificate from court. Thereafter you can sell the property. You can make necessary entries in the land records on the basis of legal heirship certificate in your name.


Adv.Balachander Reddy ( Advocate IPR Attorney Human Rights Defender and RTI Activist)     02 March 2020

You need to obtain Legal Heir certificate in the court to establish that you are the legal heir of the deceased.

After obtaining the same from court, you can alienate the properties of deceased in any manner, without which the same shall be null and void.


Balachander Reddy




Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     05 March 2020

if the property is agricultural land then it requires mutation of inheritance to be recorded by the revenue authorities on the basis of death certificate, application of heirs supported with the duly sworn affidavit and if the property is oher than agricultural land then only Heirship /Certificate shall be required and you shall be entitled to sale the said property left by deceased thereafter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query