LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahesh kumar Orchu (student)     13 May 2023

How to recovery the vehicle seized in transporting the "ganja".

Greetings for the day,
Another state vehicle seized by current state Police Department for Transporting the “Ganja”.
 how to Recovery the Vehicle. 

kindly provide legal Procedure and consequence.

Thank you in Advance.


 3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 May 2023

If you want to release your vehicle, then file an application under Section 457 Cr. PC before the Jurisdictional Magistrate. Court will call for a report from the concerned police station.

Submit all the relevant documents like Registration Certificate, Driving Licence, Insurance certificate etc.

Actually, the Police will decide whether property they have seized will be used as evidence by the Prosecution or not.

The Police will hold your property until all relevant matters have been dealt with. Sometimes this may be until a case has been resolved; other times this won’t be until after any possible appeal has been completed.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     14 May 2023

Yes, you have to move application  u/sec 457 of Cr.P.C before Magistrate Court and Court may release  the vehicle or not will depend on report of police.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     14 May 2023

I agree with experts, nothing more.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register