LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Saksham singh (Hj)     02 November 2019

How to recover all my losses from a motor accident

I am a cab driver and own my own cab. I was driving my cab (brand new) which is only 3 months old, before that I was doing a job .
My business was picking up and in 3rd month i met an accident from a private vehichle. I got greviously injured with 15 stitches on my head. Ambulance took me to nearest government hospital where my medical tests were done and stitches given and sent to home after that. The owner of offending vehichle was drunk as proved in the medical and did not had any insurance for his car.

I was bed ridden for 3 months and could not earn anything. Police has registered a case against him under section 279/338 IPC and 185/146/196 MV ACT

How can i recover my medical expenses . The problem is that i got treated by a private doctor and i dont have bills. Will i get any minimum compensation if i cant provide bills?

How can i recover my income lost in 3 months . I have income proof in the form of bank statements.?

Should i do any seprate case for recovery of my losses ?

what is the best approach to move forward.

The offender has asked for mediation from court and has offered an amount which is much less then my losses.

What are the basis of calculation by court generally if i go ahead and fight the case ?

Learning

1 Replies

Nida Khatri   03 October 2020

a monetary recovery case can take more than 10 yrs to settle, it is advised to bring the opposite party as close to ur desired amount as possible through an out of court settlement. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register