LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vikas Gahlaut (Software Engineer)     24 August 2013

How to reclaim stolen vehicle which is recovered by police


My vehicle was stolen from sector 41 Noida on 24th December  2012 and due to some issues, my FIR was registered at Sector 39 police station on 7th Jaunary 2013. Police gave me the final untrace report with in a month. 

After few months, I went to sector 58 police station to register an FIR for some friend, I found that my stolen vehicle was standing there and according to them the vehicle was recovered by police on 5 January(before the FIR was registered and final report was given). I did not get the insurance.

Now I am trying to claim my vehicle but the concerned Investigating Officer is not helping me and making execuses from last 2 months as he has already given the final report. Please help me how can I claim my vehicle as none of the authorities is helping me now.




 5 Replies

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     24 August 2013

You must file a petition for recovery of property before the magistrate under whose jurisdiction the vehicle was found. They may ask you to give a surety which is equivalent to the value of the vehicle  and then your vehicle will be released. This is a simple procedure and does not take more than 5 days.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     24 August 2013

You will have to an application before the court for release of vehicle.  Let the police send the PF  

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     24 August 2013

agree with experts.............................

Vikas Gahlaut (Software Engineer)     24 August 2013

That is the problem rajeev..police is not helping r not even responding

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     25 August 2013

you can get it in superdari

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query