LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajat Gaur   06 March 2023

How to prove possession of agriculture land in India


My father have some agricultural land inherited from ancestors. My Uncles are also heirs the same portions.
In government records land is common and no seperate accounts are there for any legal heir.

Because the property is not a single piece of land and in two parts (Located close to each other but not connected), so we have mutually discussed that who will take which part.

Now My father and one Uncle is in possession at one place and Others two uncles are having possession at other place.

Recently, They are discussing that
since the land is common, We will claim our portions in your land also.
Currently the situation is not very complex but We didn't like this idea.

So to prepare for future, My query is What are the ways through which we can prove in court that this particular land belongs to us and under our possession, and also we can seperate our account on the basis of this.

Thank you in advance


 3 Replies

Shashi Dhara   06 March 2023

If you have registered it through partition deed this type  litigation was not defend in court that oral partition has done  and each are enjoying separate possession


Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     06 March 2023

obtain Poossession letter & Khata certificate & mutation certificate from revenue authorities.

P. Venu (Advocate)     06 March 2023

Oral partition among the jointholders is legally binding even in the absence of registration,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register