LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Srinivasan (IT)     12 September 2015

How to prove

A has send a courier to B . But B denied that I had not received any courier from A on that date.

A has produced courier orginal receipt to court and still B denying.

How to prove in this situvation Pls advice

Learning

6 Replies

(Guest)

THE COURIER RECEIPT IS ITSELF A CONCLUSIVE EVIDENCE THAT COURIER HAS BEEN SENT. COURIER OFFICE MUST REGISTER THE RECEPIENT'S SIGNATURE . TRY TO PRODUCE THAT SIGNATURE IN THE COURT. THAT IS THE PROOF THAT B HAS GOT IT.

WHEN WE RECEIVE COURIER THE BOY GOT US SIGNED ON A SHEET OF PAPER. THAT SIGNATURE IS ENOUGH EVIDENCE OF RECEIPENT.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     13 September 2015

You can write a complaint/letter courier company stating that receiver is denying the receipt and ask them to produce the signed sheet on which receiver signed/acknowledged receipt of the envelope.The courier must be an approved courier)

(Several times the delivery boys just throw them or place it in letter box without realising the importance - and just make a signature on their sheet)

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     13 September 2015

Proof of Delivery (POD) and acknowledgement of a courier having accepted a packet are two different things. You need to produce POD which should have been addressed to the person you claim denying having received it. You should be able to prove that the address on courier booking and the address at which it is shown as delivered are one and the same. Normally, an acknowledgement given by Indian Post is having more credibility than any of these run of the mill road side couriers mushrooming today. The lesson is that when you are sending something which needs to be properly documented for proving at a later date, it is always book such packet or letter through Indian Post or by well known courier organisations like DHL, TNT etc.

Srinivasan (IT)     14 September 2015

Thanks for all for the valuable advice.

The courier which I sent to B is on 2013 and thru The professional courier service and when I confirmed with be after 2 days he told that I received.

But now in cross examination he denied that I didnt received any courier. But I had submitted the receipt which shows the sender's name, receivers name, phone no, date , docket number, and the amount in rs.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     14 September 2015

Now even after cross examination, it is the point to be decided by Hon. Court.  Professional Courier is a reputed courier with all India presence.

Simply seeking opinion after entire process in the Court is over serves no purpose.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     21 September 2015

You can think of roping in the courier service manager to prove your claim.

If you have the receipt, you may be having the copy of POD too which will have his signature, so try that.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register