LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hemanth (consultant)     01 July 2010

how to protect from illegal selling ofjointly owned property

hi all,

I and my brother jointly own a house.i stay abroad and my brother is conspiring to sell the house without my knowledge.pls help me how to prevent this  thru court order..

Its urgent..

thaanks in advance..


 2 Replies

Adv. Gulammayudin A. Gagdani (LEGAL ADVISOR)     01 July 2010

you need to advice through local advocate to file the case refraining your bother to do so.

but firstly send and legal notice cum intimation in all local newspapers that you are the joint owner of the property and not interested in selling such property in case of any querry to visit or meet local advocate so & so.

R.Ranganathan (Advocate)     05 September 2010

The purchaser cannot get a good title if he purchases the joint property without your signature. If you feel necessary then issue notice to your brother not to sell the property without your permission and also publish the matter in the local daily for safety. 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register