LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

newmember   03 February 2015

How to proceed on this theft case -

sir, i recently had a gold theft at my home and was pretty much convinced that it could be a handiwork of a workmen who recently came to fix things at my home. i visited the local Police stations,..but was made to come after wards due to unavailabilty of inspector.. now.. is this lethargic action acceptable on the side of police..i expect police to come right away and take finger prints.. how should i proceed on this...........or is finger printing taken only on certain cases... how to deal with this kind of a matter............who should be the right person i should have approached on this..or what are the exact steps that i should have followed on this? i am still struggling on this matter by myself by talking directly to the accused for the past 2 days without any help from the police..


 4 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     03 February 2015

When Police had registered your fir then police itself do their further investigation if your worries are about the fading/destroying of finger prints of the accused then you can submit one application to the sho police and request him for taking early steps to take the finger prints of the accused, if he not listen then same day you can request the same matter to the office of ssp/ dcp police of your district .

saravanan s (legal advisor)     05 February 2015

if the sho hesitates to file fir then u can send your complaint to the dc of your area along with a letter mentioning the station name and the name of the officer who refused to take fir.


how to legally pressure the police to take action in this matter.
if the police is still lethargic even after going to the commissioner level, and if we know the suspect to be ,can be move this matter to the court and have police answer to it..
i was only given a CSR for this..

saravanan s (legal advisor)     09 February 2015

yes if the police is not acting even after taking the issue to dc level you can file a petition seeking direction (ie) direction order in the court.if they still remain lethargic then it would amount to contempt of court both by the dc as well as the sho and departmental action has to be initiated against the police wont go to such an extent.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register