LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kamlesh (other)     12 April 2012

How to proceed for name change

Dear Experts : pl. Let me know how to proceed for the name change process. I was aware about the affidevit and has to advertise in local news paper, but not aware about the complete process, pl. guide me how to proceed. Also let me know How long the process takes time and once my name has been changed how can i update my new name in all documents like Passport, DL, Ration Card, Election Card and Pan Card etc.


 3 Replies

S C KHOSLA (Ex - Scientist `F`& Head (SPPD))     17 April 2012

The procedures differ from state to state. The law does not differentiate between first name, middle name or surname. Any change, addition, deletion or modification in name or spellings amounts to name change irrespective of ground realities like marriage, divorce, change in religion or on numerological considerations. Kindly approach the concerned gazette office of your place to know the procedure which includes filling of forms, submission of desired affidavits, duly notorised, publishing in national and local newspapers, submission of fee for transfer of name in the authority’s office etc. The whole process may take 2-3 months to complete. Once the name change is gazetted, you can submit copy of gazette to the desired authority like PAN card etc requesting them for change in name. If they have any forms etc for this purpose that also needs to be filled. I hope this much information will suffice your purpose.

Kamlesh (other)     17 April 2012

Thank You Sir...

RAAJIV GARG (-)     17 May 2012

Dear Khosla Sir,

Could you pls tell me where is the office of Gazette officer in Uttar Pradesh.I stay at NOIDA.





Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query