LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar...... (occupation )     30 October 2017

How to oppose contested petition for divorce

how to oppose contested Petition for Divorce if filed by a woman


 2 Replies

AIB   30 October 2017

Mine was contested divorce and I got her petition dismissed. It will take about 3 years but you have to read every single line of her petition, reply in the order and submit proofs. If she is working then court won't give her maintenance. You have to submit citations relevant to your case while submitting your reply. I hope this helps.

Jaspal singh (practicing lawyer)     01 November 2017

It does not matter whether ,Dicorce petition filed by the husband or wife, everyone has thier legal right to file the same.

Read each and every para (word to word) very carefully and collect all the neccesary proofs relating to petition which comes in yours favour as well as the mistakes she has done while drafting the petition and if she had not comes with clean hands and suppresed the material fact from the court or trying to mislead the court than try to prove it in the court.

Court will dismiss her petition if she is not coming with clean hands .


Jaspal S Maini(Adv)



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register