LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohammad Akram   04 July 2016

How to notify/req department to demolish abandoned building


There is a school(A part of Goverment Inter College ) abondoned building adjacent to my home and it is very dangerouse to us our childrens play over there and some people use that building for cigratte/drugs etc.

I want to notify or request school/depart must to demolished. 

Please suggest me ways and legal obligation to put on that for must demolisation instead of waiting any mishappening.





 4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     05 July 2016

You have to file a Registered notice to Municipality or Corporation.and with a copy of DEO.

They in turn has specific rules and regulations to demolish the structure first by ordering the school to demolish in a fixed time frame, and then can demolish on their own after serving notice and giving opporttunity and recover those expenses from the owner.

Mohammad Akram   05 July 2016

Sir - I just want to send them legal notice , Please suggest it would come in which law and section. Believing that they will respond to legal notice with proper explation/desicion.


G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     05 July 2016

A lay person is not expected to state any law and educate them about their own rules and regulations.

A common man  has to explain facts about the impending danger due to structures and how it is hazardous to you and to general public and can only request them to take proper action as per their laid down procedure and inform the action initated against this notice, for further action by the complainant .  Address to TOP / Head.

Do this immediately and get acknowledgement.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     05 July 2016

If you wish to have knowledge, google for the Act that is applicable to your Municipality or Corporation.

I have stated only the existing procedure applicable to Municipalities in AP.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register