LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shalini (software engineer)     06 October 2012

How to move further

Hi All,


I need guidance from all of you. Below is the brief of my story


1. girl was caught red handed with a boy. We have the mobile and its detial with us( she was using this mobile with out the knowledge of my brother)

2. girl filled 498a blah...and demand 30 lac but now demanding 15 lac and do not want to come down further. My brother is a teacher and can not afford this amount

3. we got the bail with out jail so thought we win 60 % battle but no she still filing one or the other cases and legal notices ...


Now my question is should we fight as my parents are suffering or should we give 15 lac and get rid od this? The girl is not yet 30 so I feel the girl's parent will try to finish the matter quickly as they can marry her again. but we never know as the girl side seems to be stupid and behind the money without working...


please advice if we can also file a few cases against them so that they should also feel trouble like we are feeling and come down to compromise.






 3 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     06 October 2012

1. If from colly. pool of financial resources of the family one can manage meeting 15 L then pay and move on with life. But no guarantee in future she may not harm you all.

2. If as you say 60% circumstances so far are with your side then have patience and meanwhile F/D 15 L and on its interest make her grey her hair. Then better guarantee for all of you are there for future.

Pick any one option from above two.

3. Without knowing more facts counter cases or switching on some heat on her is not possible.

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (     06 October 2012

Don't pay her anything ! Don't give in to extortion. I can understand for a law abiding person - all this can be too much to bear, the stress and everything. Fight and contest all cases on merits diligently. There is no guarantee they'd take the money and not pursue cases still. Hire a competent lawyer. There are gamut of ways in which you can get back and turn the heat on her as you said. Discuss with complete facts.


Good Luck !

Advocate Bharat Chugh

K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     06 October 2012

Do not pay her anything since should you do that you shall succumb to extortion. Even you pay the amount, you can not be sure that there wont be any further claim on some pretext or other.

Since you have not been affected by 498A, fight it out straightway.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads