Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

its_all_fate (self business)     20 November 2013

How to manage this

Hi, 

I was married(hindu marriage) on Nov-2011, since the 1st day of my marriage my wife didn't co-operate to starting the life, she even not allowed me to touch her. Then, I asked the reason to her, she said that she was in love affair with a guy before marriage but her parents forced her to marry me. 

Then We asked her parents about this, they asked sorry for this and they advised her to co-operate with me. Then  from the next day she didn't co-operate. It went around 3 months and nothing changed then I asked her parents to bring her to their house. They took her with them, after a month her father brought her to my house and asked sorry for the happenings(In  her parents home she tried suicide but her parents hide this matter from us after few months we know this). Then she stayed in my house for some days, At 6th month of marriage she removed  mangalasutram (thali/mangalyam) and left my house with out informing anyone. We informed her parents they asked us not to inform police then they catched her from a place around 500kms from my house(we dont know what happend in this time). Then they took her with them and after a month they once again apoligized for this and asked us to accept her to start living, But we refused so my wife and her parents signed a stamp paper in writing as accepting all happened because of her, and assured she will start living with me.

After 2 months she again went to her parents house. It's been around 1 year they spoke with us. We asked her parents to let her live her life with her ex-lover but they not responding. I think she and her parents decided to marry that ex-lover by putting false dowry, divorce case against us for demanding money and maintenance If they put case they can easily hide this matter and they can marry that ex-lover.

Now as suggested by my lawyer we filed a petition on court by asking her to co-operate to start living together. Hope she wont come back because that ex-lover will come in another 2 months from abroad hope they try to marry him.

Please tell what kind of case they can give? or how I can manage this?

Learning

5 Replies

varun (CIVIL & CRIMINAL LAWYER)     20 November 2013

Before her parents or she take action against you send her a notice of section 9 H.M.A. This change whole situation in your favor.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     20 November 2013

1. if they had decided to marry her daughter with her ex-lover then they need divorce from you , now you take advantage of this situation and file RCR under section 9 of hindu marriage act , obviously she will refused to co-habitat with you , then they will approach to you for divorce then you on the condition to file jointly mcd that you will not give a single penny to her , and she will not file any civil or criminal case upon me.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 November 2013

Do nothing now, wait patiently and watch the developments, now it is their requirement to get her married to he ex-lover, let them initiate the process upon which you can initiate appropriate legal action as found necessary as per the circumstances.

victim (master)     20 November 2013

if you had that stamp paper signed by your wife and her parents agreeing that your wife is responsible for this and she wanted to marry some one else. then go for marriage annulment on grounds that marriage not consumatted till date.

Reformist !!! (Other)     21 November 2013

NEVER Ever file RCR u.s 9.............i repeat NEVER do this  mistake. Take your petition back immidiately

Go through this post https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Why-not-to-file-restitution-of-conjugal-rights-43385.asp#.Uo0LetKmhyw

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register