Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

How to make complaint against water wastage

How to make complaint against water wastage

I have recently moved to this place and the locality next to mine is a relatively older one with 2-floor buildings built in the 70s and 80s. The building next to mine wastes a lot of water. Over the past few weeks i have observed that the overhead tank starts to overflow around 3-4am and continues to overflow till 8-9am till someone turns off the pump. Again, during the day the tank overflows at least a couple of times and continues till someone notices. There is no garden or anything and this huge amount of water just goes to waste. I learn from people that they had a leakage problem in the top floors because of this and instead of regulating the water overflow, they just waterproofed the terrace.

https://www.lawweb.in/2013/10/how-to-make-complaint-against-water.html

Learning

5 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     11 October 2013

Inform the owner/occupant in person to have a check over it, if they do not listen, make a complaint in writing to the Municipal/Corporation authorities over the regular  wastage of water by them and to initiate action to curtail the wastage or to disconnect their connection itself if they do not adhere to the conditions implied.

Shashikant V. Patil (Lawyer)     11 October 2013

Yours worry are really appreciable and everybody should also worry and serious about water waste.   Water is precious , and when there is drought , we came to know the value of a each and every drop of water.  As suggested by Selvan, you take up this matter to Muncipal Corporation.   I suggest you, insist for every user for water supply be fitted with water meter and on the basis of meter reading , user should be charged.

noneae tuufuf   01 January 2018

Same problem here. Building next to me always misuses water, i reside on 4th floor and house next to me is just 3 floor building. I always see water overflowing from tank and couldn't say anything for so many days. A day came when i couldnot resist and told them to switch off the motor. Now this repeated no is repeating daily and now they instead of appreciating me started hating. So many people are taking initiative to save water this that but major loop is this not just the building next to me, almost every 2nd 3rd house has same problem as i can notice but don't have enough guts to discuss with them. Everyone is literate here but don't know how. Government should come with strict action to implement waterover flow alarm in each and every house. How can anyone be so careless. This is Mangalam area and water is available 24*7. Maily Uttrakhand/Garhwali people reside here, don't know the importance of water. Government should apply stringent action for this

sandhya singh   15 October 2020

Sir mai rented hous me rhati hun...yha k land owner ko maine bhut baar bola ki ek pipe lgwa dijiye taki tank full hote hi pta chal jaye..but he always ignor it...daily 500lit to 600lit some times...more water waste hota hai...mujhe bilkul achha feel nhi hota ye sb dekhkr ...mujhe mental stress hone lgta hai...pleas help mai kya krun

Yaduraj Singh   13 November 2020

But the owner is not interested in saving water. This problem belong to a rural area so there is no water connections we use to drag out water ourselves using motor or handpumps.

If our neghbour is ignoring all warning and threats. Please help me ........

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register