Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harrassed (accountant)     23 January 2013

How to legalize muslim nikah nama in english issued by qazi

Hi,

I want to legalize muslim nikah which is in english issued by Qazi in meerut.I want this to apply for european visa.

I want to go alone abroad,do i still need legalize marriage certificate.

Thanks & Regards

Learning

4 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     24 January 2013

1. English language issued Nikhahnama is also a valid Legal Document.
2. Nikahnama is also called as Muslim Marriage Certificate.
3. Get it Attested by a Class I or Group A Rank Gazette Officer if you are having doubts.
4. European Visa a broad term you are using here! Seems you are applying for  for Schengen Visa if so then
Germany asks for a Declaration in their own format for genuineness of submitted documents whereas Denmark and Iceland asks for submitting supplementary information Form.

Harrassed (accountant)     24 January 2013

Hi Tajobs,

Thanks for your reply.I am moving to netherlands and it is required legalized marriage certificate.So if i get it attested by ADM or SDM will it be fine.then what will be the procedure .

I'll can it signed by ADM or SDM then what next i need to do.

I am planning to move alone only.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     24 January 2013

1. Only Class I or Group A and Class II or Froup B Officers rank of Public Servants are recognised as Gazetted Officer for Attestation from originals for academic and Immigration purposes.

Illustration of authorised Public servant sin reference to context are as follows;

Class I or Group A - Executive power vested in these categorised public servants with decision making powers:

Lieutenant and above in Indian Army, members of All India Services, though posted to states; State Government Services (selected through Public Service Commissions in States) or promoted public servants / officers from states to the cadre of Assistant Commissioner or above and to the cadre of All India services; Assistant/ Associate Professors / Principal of Government Degree Colleges, Patent Examiner (Official Designation- Examiner of Patents and Designs) Additional District Civil surgeons, Assistant Executive Engineers (Selected through UPSC) Executive Engineers and above, District Medical Officer and above, Geologists of Geological Survey of India etc are Gazetted officers and have the authority to verify and attest documents.

Class II or Group B - Officers with limited supervisory or subordinate managerial role:

In Indian Army / Indian Navy - JCOs like CPO/Chief Petty Officers-Indian Navy,JCOs,Naib Subedar, Subedar & Subedar Major,Air Force - Junior warrant officer to Master Warrant Officer, Section Officer; BDO, Tahsildar, Junior Doctors in Government hospitals, TDO , Magistrate (SDM) and CO (police department), Income Tax Officer(ITO), Lecturers/ Teachers in government intermediate/senior secondary education institutes or schools.

2. ADM - SDM rank Public Servants are recognised only for Citizenship Attestation purposes in Embassy.

Mujibur Rahman .A (Chemical Engineer)     15 July 2013

'Nikahnama' should be accepted as marriage certificate: All India Muslim Personal Law Board LUCKNOW: In view of problems faced by Muslim couples in getting passports, the executive committee of the All India Muslim Personal Law Board on Sunday passed a resolution demanding that the Nikahnama - the testimony of marriage in Islam - should be accepted as a marriage registration certificate by the government agencies. The Board also pointed out the union government's proposed Wakf Amendment Bill 2010 has many defects and the attitude of Law Ministry and Ministry of Minorities Affairs is irrational in this matter. The committee also expressed deep concern about the manner in which CBI is prosecuting Babri Masjid case in Rae Bareli's special court. I read the above message that means, if I want to go abroad with my family I want to attested my Marriage certificate in embassy or not please advice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register