LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahagun (prop)     13 January 2016

How to know which court to file case for suit for partition


Would like to know where to file the suit for partition lower court or high court property in new delhi and worth 5 cr in mkt.(Do I take value as per mkt or valuer or as per MCD circle rates). My share if property sold comes to 1/5 i.e 1 cr. and last I read in newspapers was that cases worth 2cr and below to be with lower court. A friend of mine doing law suggests to file in High court and also not to submit the full fees as of now but if accepted and contested would deposit the money...

My query how to know where to file lower court or high court. What is seen the whole cost of property or my share worth in it.


 1 Replies

Ruhi Chopra (Lawyer)     20 January 2016


Valuation for jurisdiction should be in accordance with market value of your share. 

In Delhi, below 2 cr it should be lower court and above 2 cr is High court. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register