LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gautam (not disclosed)     11 December 2013

How to know spouse assets

my spouse is hiding assets and may have invested in a property without my knowledge.

during maintenance petition, how can i get details of her investments, savings and investment in property

Learning

8 Replies

(Guest)

I think everyone knows that on or before wedding night. Just kidding. In India these days you require PAN number for everything. So apply RTI and get the entire list.

Are such rti entertained? Spouse is not a public figure or holds public office

Reformist !!! (Other)     11 December 2013

Get her PAN No 1st if u know her DOB ( i know u must be aware of her DOB). Go to this link:-

https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-Filing/Services/KnowYourPanLink.html

Then if she is working check her EPFO details on EPFO website, then file RTI's in the concerned deptts. Such RTI's are usually entertained as spouse is not a third party,. There is a recent CIC judgment on this, so u can always use that judgment.

Best of Luck !

1 Like

gd dy (gd dy)     11 December 2013

dont clarify fund is urs or hers ?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     11 December 2013

Follow the advise offered by reformist.

If it is so easy to know the assets and income of spouses, why is it a big problem that spouse don't give the right information

i am sure her lawyer would have shown ways to hide assets, Want to know what she might be doing to hide her assets that cannot be disclosed under RTI except transfer some of her assets to her relatives name?

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     12 December 2013

To avoid such scenario, Delhi courts are asking the parties to file affidavits in accordance with the guidelines provided in Puneet Kaur Vs. Inderjeet Sawhney case by Delhi High Court.  You go through the case and understand the correct position.  You have to move application for filing affidavits in accordance with the above said case.  The case is attached herewith.

Attached File : 32852228 in the high court of delhi at new delhi puneet kaur vs. inderjeet sawhney.docx downloaded: 129 times

Reformist !!! (Other)     12 December 2013

And yes there are ways to hide assets. But you must have heard ki chor hameshan chori ka nishaan chod ke hi jata hai.....

You need to apply ur mind, there is always link between different accounts.

There will be some or other transaction from any of her account which you can expose, then you can always get CIBIL report if she is having any loan and then you can show that she is capable to pay the LOAN also.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register