LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


How to handle oppositon lawyer threats ?

I would request experts to help guide me how to tackle a situation when opponent lawyer is threatening by phone every day.

Until today - I have not hired any lawyer and everything from court application, litigation or applying for bail i have done everything on my own. It has been like this since 4 years and opponents lawyer has file all possible cases that falls in matrimonial dispute. They filed 498 a, 406, crpc 125, 506 , DV and out of these cases only Crpc 125 is standing rest of the cases were either withdrawn or wife didn't had any guts to face any questions from my end. Everytime they filed cases on me they kept of insisting for settlement asking a huge lump sum of money and i never agreed to their terms and conditions. As a result our four precious years of life are gone !!! what can i say ? God has chosen me to answer these people.

Making long story short - now the opponents don't have much options as far filing cases on me are concerned and they are threatening me to sign terms and conditions which i don't agree ? Since two consecutive days i am receiving threatening phone calls from opponent lawyer to pay them lump sum money but i am still answering his phone boldly and i answer him in the same tone in which he talks to me.

But may i know what is the best way to stop this harrassment ? I already approached police station but police constable instead of filing complaint told me that issue doesn't seems big and threrefore he don't want to conduct any investigation. On other hand constable called opponent lawyer and informed about me coming to police station. As a result now the opponent lawyer is more furious and more aggressive.

To experts- I have handled everything in my life but i don't want to bow down in front of this ass hole . How do i stop him from harrassing me ? Should i approach higher authority or should i approach bar council and lodge a complaint ?


 9 Replies


@Author, a very simple way to get rid off it is that just record the conversation on phone and ask all the possible information from that concer lawyer, who is he, what he wants, etc....get that recordings attested by the Forensic Lab/concerned Authority (Sorry i fergot the name of Authority) and submit it to the BAR Association from where the opposition lawyer does practice and then see the dance.

1 Like

Kundan Kr. Singh (Advocate)     29 January 2014

Report to the Concern  STATE BAR COUNCIL ,raise  the issue before concern court and made a complainant to the police . 

1 Like

Originally posted by : Kundan Kr. Singh

Report to the Concern  STATE BAR COUNCIL ,raise  the issue before concern court and made a complainant to the police . 


Sir police are reluctant to take complaint i believe i will have to approach court which is where i will find the right justice and in parallel to court complaint i shall report it to state bar council. Does it sound like a good idea ?

Sir how can i protect my self from the fake complaints from the respondent side as i am a govt employee

fighting for my brother (HR)     29 January 2014

well done Jon..

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     29 January 2014

Recording Facility in a Cell Phone
A majority of the latest mobile phones have the facility of recording ongoing calls. This is probably the easiest way of storing the call recordings. It is just a matter of using the appropriate buttons for starting the recording process. If you have a mobile phone that has this feature, and you want to record a conversation, initiate the call. A majority of cell phones will not allow you to start the recording procedure unless the call is in progress. During the call, press the 'options' or 'preferences' button displayed on the screen, depending on the type of cell phone you have, and select the 'record' option. After you have pressed this button, you will see a timer indicating that the recording is in progress. Few cell phones may have a time limit on the call recording. When the call is ended, the recording will stop too. You also have the option of stopping the recording before the call ends. On some cell phones, a beep may be heard during the record, which indicates that the call is being recorded.


Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 January 2014

If you are using smart phone download 'True Caller' like software. All calls shall be recorded.

Find ownership details and check if the caller is also the owner of number of not.

If possible meet and record audio/visual and keep your own witness.

Call police on the spot.

Lodge a formal complaint with police and obtain acknowledgment with diary number, date and seal.

Lodge complaint with State Bar Council.

Q Slinger (NA)     29 January 2014

Before you download the software be sure you know the difference between a call recorder and a voice recorder.

Call recorder records calls where as the voice recorder is similar to that of a tape recorder, it only records the person voice and not the actual call. 


Some of the best call recorders out there for Android :

1. Best one: 

Its worth the money


Rest are:


Most of them record the call automatically so you don't have to press any buttons. Please do test the recorder our thoroughly once you have installed it to make sure it works as per your satisfaction.

Sorry, can't be of any help with Iphones or Nokia.

1 Like


I have bought cheap Android samsung phone and installed call recorder software only for the purpose of recording dear wife's calls. Around 300calls I have recorded each ranging from 30min to 1hr. Its of great help.


For Nokia mobiles, you can use Total Recall software, make sure you download software that doesnt allow beep sound during the call. But I found this software not that user friendly so better go for Android.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query