Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kamlesh Shah (Consultant)     21 October 2015

How to get refund booking amount from builder

Respected Lawyers,

Unfortunatly i have done a booking of flat from a bulder in Mumbai, I asked to bulder not to deposite the cheque as i have to take final decission from famliy. i have told them  confirm with me before deposite th cheque in bank, but without my intimation they have deposited the cheque & its get cleared from my bank account.

On same week request them to cancell that booking give me my refund back, and he was agreed on as within 45 day they will issue the refund cheque in favour of me with acknoweldge the letter.

Now its more than 60 days i havent recived any money and he is declined with his word as money is not refundable.

Please advise how to ge money,

Loking forward favorable feedback.

Learning

6 Replies

Anil Upadhyay (Lawyer)     21 October 2015

Please initiate legal action against that builder.

advocatepassy@gmail.com 971794 (Advocate)     21 October 2015

Best is to file a consumer case against the builder

Kamlesh Shah (Consultant)     21 October 2015

Thanks a lot for valuable advice. Please suggest what ia procedure to file a case and where to file?? I have already sent them complaint email today. Do i need to send them reminder or shall i go to consumer court directly. Because they deposited my cheque without my knowledge. Thanks in advance.

advocatepassy@gmail.com 971794 (Advocate)     21 October 2015

Look at the Google to find the address of local district consumer court. Write a simple application, with proof of cheque, it's encashment , correspondence with builder, attach court fee( this is very nominal, may be around 500/- but check it from District Consumer Court website, and submit 4 sets.  No need for lawyer. You can argue your case better than any lawyer as you are better acquainted with facts of the case. 

imran   22 October 2015

hello sir,3 years back i went s.a by an agent for the s.a visa i paid 160000 to the agent and and i ask for the deposit slip to a agent which is given by embeasy as a deposit but an agent give me a dublicate slip instead or real slip and the dublicate slip is same as the real one it has also the dublicate stamp on it like a real embessy stamp so which kind of action i can take agains the agent and can i get back my deposit amount from agent reply me pls

Nitish Banka (lawyer)     22 October 2015

Dear sir,

Send a legal notice to the builder, file case in consumer forum if needed.

Warm Regards,

Nitish Banka

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More