LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arthishri (Business )     11 February 2021

How to get no caste no religion certificate

Hello sir. I'm Arthi. I'm from a liberal family living in Pudhucheery. Last month I visited UP. There I found lots and lots of casteism among the people. I'm going to work in UP. I decided to be a role model for them. Although I am from a so called upper caste -people's say. I want to give up it and work for the society. Even though I know casteism and religionism everything are in once heart and their perspectives,but I want it legally. I came to know that one lady from TN got no caste no religion certificate I like to get that too. So wants to know the legal procedure for it

 2 Replies

Shashi Dhara   11 February 2021

Approach the concerned officer who issues caste certificate and take it from that officer.

Nandini Warrier   12 February 2021

Good evening,
As of now, there is no legal procedure for it since there are no precedents for such a scenario. The woman from Tamil Nadu obtained the certificate after nine years. Here is what she had to do, in order to receive her "no caste, no religion certificate"-
a) she wrote letters to the tehsildar, requesting for a no community certificate
b) After multiple attempts of requests and rejections, the tehsildar and sub collector decided to verify hee statements with her school documents, all of which showed that the religion and caste sections were answered as "Nil"
c) they also checked if she had availed any government schemes and benefits, which was also nil.
d) She obtained her no caste no religion certificate thereafter, because they believed that such a situation will not cause harm to any other person's opportunities.

Therefore, I believe that anyone who doesn't have their caste or religion mentioned in their school certificates can now avail the no caste no religion certificate if they wish to issue it.
On the other hand, if the caste and religion is mentioned, you will have to follow another judicial method, since the tehsildar/sub collector doesn't have the power and authority to revoke such certificates.

Hope this helps!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query