Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sumit (iand)     30 December 2013

How to get my property from government back???

I have a property . The property or Lands which is Rock mines and it comes under Government . So i want back my property. So how can i get my property back out of Government????

Reason :Property is not on highway but just nearby it touching the highway. The Property goes under the government when the highway construction work is going on and the work is stopped about 6-7 month and then it goes inside Government.

Learning

6 Replies

reejas (advocate)     30 December 2013

You cannot claim your property from Government but you can claim for higher compensation if you are not satisfied with your compensation

1 Like

but the government is not giving any compensation for the property it has taken from us.

The Property is in Maharashtra.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     30 December 2013

government may ask the landowner to sell the land. If he/she refuses to sell or asks for 
substantially more than the land is worth, the government may chose to go to court to 
condemn the land. In your case you can file a petition with the collector.

but the land is already under the government.

so there is no chance to claim more compensation for that property.

it is about 20-25 years that government has taken the property.

sumit (iand)     03 January 2014

but the land is already under the government.

so there is no chance to claim more compensation for that property.

it is about 20-25 years that government has taken the property. plz help

venkat subbaiah (ADVOCATE ASSOCIATE)     10 January 2014

You said that govt took your property about 20 or 25 years back..As per law a person who is the owner of a property should be cautious about his  property. He will lose his right over the property if it is occupied by others and he remains silent of that for a period of 12 years..this is known as adverse possession. My sincere suggestion is that you please go through your case details thoroughly and consult an efficient advocate in your locality. Local land laws varies from state to state and it is difficult to give a suggestion with the details you have provided.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register