FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pranav   26 June 2017

How to get Employment proof

My wife is working in a store in a mall after moving out from my house with my child in Jan-16. Later she has sent me a notice of section -125. Please advise how can I prove she is working as I don't have any appointment letter or salary slips of her. I have a photos and video only.


 7 Replies

Arjun Kohli   26 June 2017

A video recording showing it substantially should be fine, backed by photographs depicting her in a role wherein she is coming off as an employee in the store. However, you could probably move an application before the concerned Magistrate describing the same and requesting a direction to the Police to inquire from the Store owner and produce necessary documents. However, I suggest you to consult with your legal counsel or wait till an expert clarifies.

Azhagananth (Lawyer)     26 June 2017

At the time of Enquiry in maintenance petition/Case.. Pay witness batta to concerned shop and ask them to provide the details regarding appointment, salary & etc... if you engaged a advocate, he will do the same if you didn't possess,such documents. 

Siddharth Dev (Advocate)     26 June 2017

you can call CDR with authority of Court of Justice of your wife mobile number

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 June 2017

The said store should be covered by the Shops & Estbs Act of the State.

The establishment has to comply with Shops & Estbs  Rules framed under Shops & Estbs Act of the State.

Various registers are to be submitted that include the name/DOJ/salary/wages, salary slip etc etc of the employee.

The employment might be covered under Min.Wages Act, Payment of Wages Act, PF,ESIC........

Such details might be with Inspectorate.It might be possible to get details. 


In case the employment is with some shady understanding the Inspector(s) appointed under the Act(s) can act and report.


Siddharth Dev (Advocate)     26 June 2017

generally people do not register their shop and establishment they only have challan and if they have any registration number under local shop and Establishment Act then I am very much certain they do not mention number of employees or labours so I think it will not solve the problem

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     27 June 2017

Get the help of detective who would find out

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 June 2017

The Inspector from Inspectorate can inquire and file report. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query