LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

logesh waran   04 June 2021

How to get duplicate will

Sir, my father wrote a will on me, in which he states a house is for me after his demise on 2016. Now my father is no more. The will was registered in sub registrar office.

But one of my brother teared the will. I am a disabled person, how can i get a duplicate copy of the will.

Can u tell it in detail.

Learning

4 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     04 June 2021

Normally registration department not easily given. but you can submit your father's death certificate along with the legalheirs certificate with an affidavit . once the registrar satisfy your submissions then they can issue it.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     04 June 2021

Apply for certified copy from the Sub-Registrar where the document is registered.

You should consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts / documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding. 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     04 June 2021

Apply with a legal heir certificate, Photo ID, and death certificate and you can get a certified copy within a week.  At some places except for a copy of such an application, no documents are insisted for providing a copy of the will.  But this is a simple routine issue and you can get a certified copy within a week..  In view of your disabilities entrust this work to an advocate clerk who can get it for a sum of Rs.200/- + Rs.20 stamp paper payable to sub registrar.

Avoid making many posts with a similar query.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 June 2021

You can get the certified copy of the registration document of the Weill held in the sub registrar's office.

You can take the help of a document writer to procure the same. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register