LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunil (Executive)     17 March 2013

How to get divorce.


I got married in 2004 end and went  away from my native with my wife due to service.However she and my in-laws want that Ishould break all contacts with my parents.There are conflicts due to this.So she left me in 2006, called her parents and left my home.She took all her jewellaries along with her.I tried to bring her back but she didn't agree.Threaten my old parents to leave me.In 2007 she filed 498A,but we all got bail.She filed divorce on cruelty ground in 2008.I could not file divorce as my lawyer said,if I seek divorce I will agree that cruelty was done.Mutually her family and she dont want to leave me.She wants a huge amount of 70Lac for separation which is not possible.She is educated and was doing service before the marriage.I have all proof(photos,documents,letters) that I am  innocent .We are living separately for 7 years.She is lingering the whole matter of court taking new dates every time. Please advice me how I can get divorce quickly.  


 6 Replies

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     17 March 2013

You should file on basis of desertion or cruelty.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     17 March 2013

you can both of u  decide to end your marriage through mutual consent.You can now instantaneously grant divorce.

Goutam Prasad (Advocate)     17 March 2013

I will suggest you to file petition for divorce as counter to her petition for divorce. As far as her seeking adjornments is concerned, your advocate should oppose the adjournemtns aggressively.


Goutam Prasad



Mob: 9810753838

Nandha (NIL)     18 March 2013

@ramachary, the author has already tried via mutual consent and they are not cooperating and asking for huge money.

Sunil (Executive)     21 March 2013


Thanks to all who have replied.

My wife has already filed divorce in the ground of cruelty and desertion.So I cannot file on that ground.However it has been already proved in the court that she left on her will.Is it possible that I can file divorce in counter to her?will that make me guilty?Pls advice.

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     21 March 2013

You can file on cruelty, nothing stops you from doing so if you have suffered cruelty. Also file an application for quicker hearing.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register