LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Doomed (own)     13 June 2015

How to get divorce?

I got married for 6 years and suffering from mental torture. I hae no child. Inlaws and husband would not suppot or agree for mutual consent.

What best I should do to get divorce?

Do you think that I just walk out of the house?

Please advise.



 7 Replies

N R Dash.. (Advocate)     13 June 2015

Insufficient info for giving any advise.


Mental torture for what??? What is your status?? Why no kids?? Have you both consented for it or any other medical grounds????


These questions would be asked to you in the court. So clearly state the facts so that proper advise could be rendered.

Doomed (own)     15 June 2015

Yes, Mental torture by insulting me and my family often

No child becasuse hustbans's abusive behaviour.He is not prepared for any medical or physiological consultancy. He beats himself when angry and this worries me.


I have no proof and I am scared to gather the same.


N R Dash.. (Advocate)     15 June 2015

You can file a divorce on the ground of cruelty, however, allegations are to be proved by you in the court. Legal technicalities can not be elaborated here. Hire a local prudent aadvocate to help you in this regard.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     15 June 2015

its cruelty then thus he is taking any medical ailment or thus his family tried to make any efforts for this

becuase some reason made him to such type of behaviour so make any elderly person of there family to discuss this issue and make him meet a psychiatrist without going any legal steps and nothing is solved then take legal steps

chakraverthy venkata venugopal   15 June 2015

divorce is not that much easier thing. You have to show evidences or proofs that she is suffering you mentally and physically. Only you know how much you are suffering but court will not take into cognizance.

Doomed (own)     22 June 2015

Thank you for above replies. I have no evidence, No elderly help as all have failed. .


Can I live separately in another city Will this lead to separation? 

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     22 June 2015

You just walk out of that house and stay separately in the same city.  Once walked out, you file divorce case under the ground of cruelty.  And also file domestic violence case and take protection orders that your husband should not communicate and contact you.  You will get orders.  In your case, whether you succeed to get divorce on the basis of evidence available with you or you fail to get divorce is immaterial, because your primary aim to to get out of suffocating and stifling matrimonial relationship that tormented you for six long years.  I hope you are a working woman and you can sustain yourself and with such presumption, I gave you this advice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register