Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

venkat (Employee)     19 June 2011

How to get Death Certificate in this situation ?

Dear LCI Lawyer, you help is needed, and love this forum.

Here is my small situation

We are two brothers, my father lived with my elder brother in India Karnataka.

I have funded the house construction and land 90%, which my father and elder brother lived for 8years.

Father died of natural death due to illness in home,few months back(less than year). there is no doctors certificate and there is no creamation certificate. But there is a 'invitation letter for death ceremony' and there is a paper advertisement of the death.

Now brother is not willing to apply for Death Certificate, He is also threating that he will not apply in the Municipal office.

What are the legal rights/hurdles I have so that I personally apply for this Certificate myself with some elders signatures without dealing with elder brother.

Since my address in not the same as house in karnataka am I still allowed to use my out of state address in the death certificate in karnataka state and apply for Death certificate.

The house is in fathers name, and brother is trying to extend his stay and rights by hiding documents and not applying for death certificate. He intentionally go into the situation so that a possession certificate can't be obtained.

Thanks for reading. Please advise how do I progress on this. ?.

Also readers comments welcome.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register