IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Murali Krishna Pratapa   11 December 2022

How to distribute money to legalhiers post death of father

My grandfather expired recently. He is having 2sons+4daughters.The deceased person had some money(retirement benefits) in the bank. His sons+daughters are eligible to get this. After applying with the Bank the bank is saying that they will not distribute the money among all these legalhiers instead they told that they will credit whole amount one person after taking approval from other 5 members and that person has to distribute. What should we do if no-one is interested on this proposal as all 6 people won't trust anyone with in themselves or any other person?


 5 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     11 December 2022

First, get a death certificate and a legal heir certificate from the concerned officers.  Then all the legal heirs may give NOC to one of the legal heirs to get the amount from Bank.

Murali Krishna Pratapa   11 December 2022

Problem is with NOC because no one trust with in themselves.In this case how can we direct Bank distribute the amount equal to all.

vijay sathya   12 December 2022

file a Writ petition against the bank to disburse the said money

Shashi Dhara   12 December 2022

File suit in civil court  and let  bank deposit money in court  ,court will order to release amount equally and each can obtain their  separate share in court.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     12 December 2022

File a partition suit in court by consulting a local lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query