Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

bharat garg (none)     10 July 2016

How to defend cheque bounce case

Dear Sir,

A person has filed a cheque bounced case against me. He first served the notice through his lawyer in April this year. But prior to that I have filed a complaint in respective police station of my purse being lost/theft. Since it was a case where I had no doubt on anyone, the police took the application and gave me the receipt of the same. The purse had the cheque of 2 lacs , some thousand bucks, ATM, license. I even gave the intimation in the bank about my signed cheque being lost and requested them to inform me if someone presents it. No action was taken by them when it got presented.

Now thi person who has filed the case is a known person to me and i considered him as a father figure and never can imagine in my wildest of dreams that he was the one who took away my purse from my office table. Since he was known to me and family for last several years, I was reluctant to take any action against him and I somewhere thought that he just served the legal notice but wont go to the court but to my dismay he filed the 138 case against me. 

Sir/Ma'am, What are the legal remedies I can rely on, since I do not think that my lawyer is giving me right suggestions.

Regards
Bharat garg

Learning

2 Replies

JustAdvisor (IT)     10 July 2016

i didn't understand your case. whom was the cheque drawn on? was it crossed? did you mention the cheque number in your police complaint?

Anish   10 July 2016

You can defend yourself from this by proving in court that your cheques were lost by producing the police complaint and application given to bank after the theft. Anish Sarna 9953783232 Info@ssplawyers.in anishsarna@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register