LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vetrivel (Personal)     21 March 2011

How to death certificate after 25 years



My grand father passed away before 25 years at that timethey dnt apply for death certificate. Can any one explain about how to get these certificate.



thanks in advance.


 5 Replies

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     21 March 2011

can approach the local tehsildar or the village munsif with an affidavit sworn before a notary/exeutive magistrate. approach the local advocate for specific guidance and documentation.


1 Like

vikas mishra (ADVOCATE)     21 March 2011

Yes you have to file an appliation with Magistrate under births ans deaths registration act


Gulshan Tanwar (Advocate)     22 March 2011

Visit the Office of the concerned Municipal who keep the account of Deaths and Births and there with the fees for delay and penalty of approx Rs.5 per year and with the recommendation of the concerned MLA approach the SDM/ Area Office for the same along with an affidavit on Rs.10 or upwards along with the original recommendation letter of the MLA. The area office will  conduct an enquiry about the same and upon verification they will issue the certificate and remember that apply for around 10 copies for the same.

No notice is required as Death itself is notice. Also what is your age, because the age difference will help you in your case.

s b vignesh (Advocate)     16 April 2011

you have file a application under the Registration of births and deaths act 1969 (under section 13(3)

Mani Maran   22 October 2020

1.Get non availability certificate​​​​​ from Taluk office by paying chalan rs 200 at sbi bank.

2. After getting above, Get afitavit from notary public. He will  give all necessary forms and death reprort, if not find some other notary public. and again pay challan 500 at sbi.

3. Arrange all forms likewise VAO report form, RI report form (both are should be blank these to be filled by VAO an RI), NAC, Challan copy, afittavit, Death report. And submit at RDO office.

4.a week later. All these form reach to respective taluk office with recomendation letter. Get all these forms from the writer.

5. Get filled and signed from VAO. 

6. Get filled and signed from  RI.

7. Take xerox copy and submit it alongwith original to the writer. He will arrange a letter from Tahsildar. Then he send it to RDO office or handed it over to you to submit at there. 

8. At RDO office they asked you to give "no objection" ads in the news paper. Or they will help to give that ads. 

9. After 20 days from the day of ads published, you will receive call from RDO office to present for the enquiry by sub collector. You should presence with heir of death person. 

10. You will get order report( it is a similar to court order, sub collector is a first class executive magistrate) from them. Take xerox and submit alongwith original to the taluk office writer. He make entry at the register and return original to you.

11. Give the order to VAO. He will provide death certificate. Thats all. Finaly ignore spelling and grammer, word mistakes. And these steps may differ to the corporations areas.



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register