LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MrDinoMorea (O)     29 September 2013

How to deal with goondaism / rowdies in 498a?

When the wife sees that she is losing her cases and her husband is the one who is gaining benefits, if she/her parents deploy some rowdies to harass the husband and his family to forcefully make them pay the compensation, then what does the husband/his family do?

How do you deal with 498a women who resort to goondaism to get their things done when everything else fails for them?


 4 Replies

shanmugam lakshmanan (senior)     29 September 2013

Indeed 498 a  is widely misused as every other stringent laws that protect women folk.  In matrimonial disputes there is no question of compensation but only maintanence will comes to play. If you apprehend safety of your family and yourself, you may lodge a criminal complaint against the suspects with the local police station and the superior police authority in your District.

laxmi kant joshi (instructor)     29 September 2013

Immediately rushed to your local police station and lodge the report against these criminals.

jack (boss)     30 September 2013

Lodge a police complaint against your in laws for harassing you and your family.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     30 September 2013

Avoid conflict, change your path, if that is possible.

If anything happens, report to nearest police post

Also, I left either early or waited patiently for half an hour to 45 minutes after they left and kept sitting in court premises/ lawyers chamber.

Shonee Kapoor

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query