LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ANIRBAN CHAKRABARTI (Principal Architect)     26 February 2015

How to complaint against an influential lawyer

My wife has filed a divorce petition against me in a family court in Mumbai. The lawyer company of my opposition party is very aggressive and influential. The lawyer walks in the family court as if that is a courtyard in her house. In the last two days I found her going inside the Marriage Counselor's room before the MC session for reconciliation starts and talking to MC after locking the door from inside. I am sure she is influencing the MC. After coming out of MC room she starts instructing who will get inside first and then instructs me to stand or sit.

The same lawyer company is breaking my family unethically with tutelage to my petitioner wife.

How can I take up the issue with the Judge of the corresponding court or principal judge of the family court? Do you suggest going to bar association in Mumbai complaining against the lawyer company? How to do that? Or should I approach Supreme court for transferring my case to Kolkata, which is my home city?

Learning

3 Replies

R.K Nanda (Advocate)     26 February 2015

better file transfer petition in SC to transfer ur case to kolkatta.

ANIRBAN CHAKRABARTI (Principal Architect)     26 February 2015

Thanks Mr Nanda for your response. I have some additional points, which I feel I can raise to SC for a transfer case, like I have a job in Kolkata, and it is becoming extremely inconveniencing and expensive for me to travel to Mumbai so frequently. My wife has a parental home in Kolkata, though her parents are still residing in rented flat in Mumbai even after her father's retirement. 

I have filed RCR in Kolkata, and as usual she is not responding to that case.

If I move to SC for transfer to Kolkata, she may tell to SC that as a woman it is difficult for her to travel such a long distance of Mumbai to Kolkata. What is your suggestions in this context?  

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     26 February 2015

In my view, complaining with the Bar Association could help! But if she is an office bearer of this association, things may be difficult. You are sure represented by a lawyer - he should be competent to handle this case or else better change the lawyer

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register