LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

avinash ..... (sse)     02 December 2011

How to close/cancel fir for lost mobile?

Greetings Experts,

I lost my mobile while travel in train. I registered FIR with railway police. But then after that with help of mobile tracker, I was able to found it back.

Now what should I do about the FIR, I have already regiserted with railway police?

Please suggest



 8 Replies

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     02 December 2011

You give a letter to police that your mobile has been found and that is why that complaint should be closed and you don't want any further action.



Shonee Kapoor
1 Like

avinash ..... (sse)     02 December 2011

Great !! thanks

avinash ..... (sse)     02 December 2011

Mr, Shonee,     

                       Is it legal requirement to provide details on how you was able to collect your lost mobile? I got bacause mobile tracker.

Thanks again



Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     05 December 2011

No legal requirement to mention mode of return.


But information of recovery is a must, otherwise you can be liable for giving false complaint.





Shonee Kapoor

avinash ..... (sse)     05 December 2011

Great Thanks thats all I wanted to know, thanks again :)

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     05 December 2011

I don't think that for missing mobiles they make an FIR. They make something which is less than an FIR. Have you got with you an acknowledgement for the police complaint that you made? That is important. Anyway write a letter to the same police station under certificate of posting mentioning the date and time you got back the phone. This is to guard yourself against any undesirable call that may have been made during the period the instrument was not with you

owais sathla   07 November 2023

Cancel my fir oppo a58

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register