LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

royal prince   08 June 2021

how to claim from company for damaged and expriry goods

hai, this is mahendra kumar polimera, i have taken distribution channel from punjab company, i received damaged and expriry goods.initially dont have any doubt on the goods, about severe damage and expriry.
on received day i have informed company officials, they said we will settled the issue, no need to worry. but its not happened since 10months.
please give best suggestion to overcome this.
thank you

 2 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     08 June 2021

If any contract between you and supplier? based on your query you already sent communication regarding the defective goods. May the reason regarding the pandemic situation. so better to wait some more days. if the supplier not obey their commitments then you can issue a legal notice and act further for which better to consult a local lawyer and act accordingly

Vasundhara Singh (Student)     10 June 2021


Your problem can be dealt with the issue of consumer dissatisfaction with goods provided by the company. It has been mentioned that you received damaged and expired goods from the company and no step was taken from their side even after continuous complaints.   

You can approach a consumer forum complaining against the company. They are set up at the district, state, and national levels according to the financial loss suffered by the consumer. But before you send approach the forum, you have to send a legal notice to the company highlighting the deficiencies in the goods and if they are not ready to negotiate, you can move ahead to file a complaint at the forum.  

District Commission: Amount not exceeding 1 crore  

State Commission: Rupees 1 crore to 10 crores  

National Commission: Amount exceeding 10 crores  

The time limitation to file a case at the district forum is 2 months from the date of the dispute. Appeal before State Commission is filed within 45 days from the order of district commission. Further appeal at the National forum can be made within 30 days from the order of the lower forum.  

Best regards  

Vasundhara Singh  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query