Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Siv (engineer)     19 January 2012

How to claim dammages from police malpractices



Recently I have sent a legal notice to pay Rs.25,00,000/- as compensation to the police officers that handled the criminal case investigation and prepared flase report against me.


Till now they failed to respond to my notice.


Now I would like to go to court to claim my dammages. Please guide me the way to claim my dammages.


 3 Replies

Bhawani Mahapatra (Law Officer)     19 January 2012

Dear Siv

There are a lot of ways out to escape the police, who allegedly prepared a false case against you. Actully most of the cases/allegations turned false in the court due to witness's turn out/ inconsistancy in their version, lake of prosecution skill of the prosecuter etc.

If you still agrieved, then, you can file a suit for the damage caused to your reputation/good wll, but there is a very little chance to successed.

Siv (engineer)     20 January 2012

As per your opinion the witnesses may tournout hostile... which would be advantage to my case.

If police fails to bring evidence in support of their report, it will be in my favor.... as per your experinece that criminal cases fails due to lack of evidence.... that too favors me..


at the end you say that I have little chance to win againt the police in getting dammages....

I think your statement is not supporting yourself.

shekhar iyer (C E O)     09 February 2012

no one can win any case against police when it comes to damages for ruining ur reputation. Once in a blue moon it happens and blue moon never comes. even if u put a case they may threaten u with another false case. Police were solving cases without any torture to the accused in those days, now to join the force they shell out lot of money. They sit on their big backs and dont do anything. they create false witnesses (in bombay tere are 3 lac cases where witnesses fail to recognise or the panchas cannot remember what they saw. Now a days police torture people  to agree to what u have not done. Go to human rights and ask what they can do. or simply put a case on the police who spoiled ur reputation. will take years to come on the board. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register