Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ilyas (Partner)     24 July 2015

How to claim ancestors property which is sold by third party

This is on behalf of my friend, His Grandfather's property which is sold by third party without knowing them and they want to know how to claim back the property? Now they are a poor family cant afford the huge cost and they don't have any document evidence of land with them. Is there is any way that they can get the land share for which they are eligible? They Father and Grandfather expired long back. They have the land survey numbers with them.

Your response with suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,



 2 Replies

ADVOCATE DIMPLE JINDAL (Advocate)     24 July 2015

collect the following documents first.

1. fard or jamabandi details for the said property from patwari. (which shows the names of your friend grandfather and father names as owner. and also showing the mutation papers showing the change of ownership.

2. If they refuse to show the documents, basis upon which papers they have change the ownership, you can file an application under RTI act 2005 for seeking the desired information.


T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 July 2015

It will be difficult to retrieve the property without having any details of the property including the title documents.  You may obtain the documents listed by learned advocate Mr. Jindal and then consult a local advocate for further steps/measures. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads