Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

A C J (Scientist)     04 March 2012

How to check the veracity while purchasing residential plot

Dear Sir/Madam,

I want to purchase residential plot in Dehradun,Uttarakhand.Please provide me direction how can I check the veracity of plot that it is not registered to multiple person,not under forest cover,not in green belt etc.Please give adequate address and  references of the concerned offices,web sites etc in dehradun and/or otherwise,to make my purchase of plot  successful  without any fraud.

Thanks

Learning

2 Replies

P.K.Haridasan (Advocate)     04 March 2012

First of all you should apply for a encumbrance certificate. For this purpose you must seek the help of local Advocate/ document writers. They could approach the Registration Office. The transactions  and document s registered on that property would be revealed then. From the Village Office you could make sure that the seller is paying the land revenue. From the corporation/Municipality  Town Planners Office you may get an idea what they propose to do with the land in future. From the local Forest Office you could  gather about the nature of the land and make sure that it does not fall under Forest Act. and connected Acts. From  distance this much could be advised.

A C J (Scientist)     05 March 2012

Thanks a lot sir.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register