LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Guest (n/a)     02 July 2009

How to check my Employee Provident Fund balance?

I have an EPF number provided by EPFO, Chennai, Tamilnadu. How can I check my balance? 

Please give me the details.



 8 Replies

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     02 July 2009

Try from the link below to see your claim


View the Status of Your Claim


A V Vishal (Advocate)     02 July 2009

Annual Statement of account

As soon as possible and after the close of each period of currency of contribution, annual statements of accounts will be sent to each member through the factory or other establishment where the member was last employed. The statement of accounts in the fund will show the opening balance at the beginning of the period, amount contributed during the year, the total amount of interest credited at the end of the period or any withdrawal during the period and the closing balance at the end of the period. Members should satisfy themselves as to the correctness of the annual statement of accounts and any error should be brought through the employer to the notice of the Provident Fund Office within 6 months of the receipt of the statement.

H.R. Sampath Kumar (employment l)     03 August 2009

  The  details given does not  say as to how to check the balance in th PF Acc ount Please.

  Therefore, kindly  provide th name of th website

Sanjay Yadav (Law Student )     04 August 2009

There are two aspects of it:

(i) Normally a receipt is issued by the comapny to every employee showing their contribution in EPF.

(II) You need to check the same from EPFO site whether they have such type of facility of checking the same on line or not?



dear mukesh

at present there is no facility to check urpf balance online as the pf deptt is not so much online

the only wayt to check the balance is pf Annual Account Statement Slips.

Otherwise the site of PF Deptt is




PF & ESI Consultant

Muskan Consultancy

Akhil Gupta (Manager-HR)     09 August 2009

Through Annual Account Statement Slips.

A K CHANDOK (SELF)     22 September 2009

 Pl. try any one of the following ways-

Ask u r employer if they have recd. latest Annual Statement of accounts i.e P.F. SLIPS. get u r slip and check up the balance. For this u have to contact u r HRD section.

Ring up PRO  of u r P.F. Office and get details. There is provision in each P F Office to provide such facility on phone. To see phone no of PRO, cask u r hrd office or see website of EPFO i.e and see the directory.

 u may enquire by lodging  complaint ., RTI ETC. IN CASE NO ONE IS COMING TO U R RESCUE.

Vikas Gulati (Executive Assistant)     21 October 2009

I deposited my PF Withdrawl form in Gurgaon in August this year but have not received the PF amount.. Can I call and ask somebody on the status... I checked the online status which says the form has not been received by the site!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads