LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

suresh bandekar (bandekar.suresh@gmail.com)     04 June 2014

How to change wife religion to husband religion

hai am suesh from hyderabad and am Belong to B.C category and my wife belongs to O.C category and we married 3 years back at arya samaj of hyderabad and i want to change my wife O.C, Category to B.C, cateogry is it possible pls help me 

Learning

5 Replies

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     04 June 2014

Not possible.  It not change of religion, but caste, which is not possible.  Your children will acquire your B.C., if they choose to.

Solomon Raju (Advocate High Court of A.P.)     04 June 2014

This is not change of religion but change of caste. It is not possible. But if you have children, they can get BC caste certificate as in India, the children will acquire father's caste in general

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     04 June 2014

The caste into which one is born remains for life. The Supreme Court on a case  said that a person could not be identified to a caste other than those of women parents. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 June 2014

Though change of religion is permissible in law, there is no provision in law to change the caste because it is by birth and is a recognition of the community/society to which a person belongs to.

1 Like

KISHAN DUTT KALASKAR (Advocate)     17 March 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

Since your case is complicated case as such I require documents and same may be send to my email/PM (personal mail) for detailed legal advise.

With regards,

Legal Expert

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register