LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Karan Joshi   05 October 2021

how to change use of land

I am about to buy a plot which is
residential NA
and wanted to convert it to
industrial NA
in gujarat valsad
so is it possible if yes
what will it cost on an acer

 6 Replies

Anusha Singh   05 October 2021

As per your query it is understood that you need information about the conversion of the residential non-agricultural land to industrial non-agricultural land.

You cannot use the agricultural land for residential and other commercial purposes until it is converted after taking prior permission from the competent authorities. The competent authority may charge a nominal conversion fee for converting land for commercial/industrial use which is different from one state to another. Some states allow up to 30% area of a house to use commercially unlike other states. You need to visit the local municipal corporation in your area and write an application for land conversion. You can also seek help from the concerned official there.

Hope it helps!



Anusha Singh

Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer)     06 October 2021

Apply to local competent development authority though a local prudent lawyer.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     06 October 2021

The first step is to make an application from the seller and once he gets such permission for change of use, then you may go for purchase.  There can not be blanket permission for change of residential land to industrial, as the issue is related to those residents and nature of such industry and pollution/effluents involved.

Karan Joshi   06 October 2021

🙏🏻 Thanking you All for the helpful information

M V Gupta (Advocate)     06 October 2021

If as per the development plan the area is earmarked for residential use, conversion to industrial use will not be allowed, as industrial use may disturb the peace of the residents in the area. However, if there are no residents in the proximity and there is no possibility of residential houses coming up in the future, the Local authority may allow the conversion.

Karan Joshi   07 October 2021

OHK 😊🙏🏻

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query