Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

srinivas Akula (Software professional)     27 December 2013

How to change surname

Hello please help on this issue regarding my surname, this is akula srinivasa rao(all my educational certficates) and s/o v.v.satyanarayana. i am a post graduate, my father is died when i was in child hood after that my elder father(malladi v.v.satya narayana) is taking care of me, he joined me in school as a gardian, but i dont know that he is my gardian(elder father).but when i was in my school days  i told that my father name is v.v.satya narayana, so now my name is akula srinivasa rao,s/o v.v.satya narayana.10 years back my mother also died, now i am staying with my elder father and also my name is srinivasa rao malladi in my family ration card along with my elder father name malladi v.v.satya narayana. but in all my study certificates as akula srinivasa rao, now i am getting many troubles with my name and surname, if i want to continue with my surname i am facing the problem with father name that is v.v.satya narayana malladi, but my elder father is trying my surname as malladi from akula, we contacted two lawyers before but no one finds the solution, because of this issue i not qualifying many government  jobs, and my elder father has 3 sons they are also accepted to change my surname from akula to malladi.

right now i am working in software company in bangalore i complted my mca, i heared that we can change name or surname with notery if possible please help me how to do that.

i am waiting for your valuable solutions.

thanks & regards


 3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     27 December 2013

Notary is not valid document for surname change. Either you have to approach civil courts for surname declaration order or apply for gazette notification in Gazette department in the state.

srinivas Akula (Software professional)     28 December 2013

sir could you please tell me the procedure for gazztte publication, i am from kakinada, andhra pradesh

reejas (advocate)     30 December 2013

you have to change your name through gazette publication with notary attestation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query