Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak (unemployee)     03 November 2009

how to change my name in 10th and inter certificates(ssc)

hi...

my name is deepak.. i have changed my name from vikas to deepak recently....

i want my name changed in 10th(ssc) and inter certificates...

can any one give me proper way to fallow...

Learning

24 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     03 November 2009

The change in certificates is not done. I advise you to follow the following procedure:

In case you wish to change your name, that also includes your father's/mother's name (!!) or even Surname you have to follow a very simple procedure.

Go to the State Government Press in the Capital City of your state.

Ask them for the form for change of name and obtain it.

Fill up the form and submit it (preferably then and there).

Pay the requisite Fees in cash. (Rs. 120/- in Maharashtra for routine (6-8 weeks for publication) and Rs. 620/- for urgent (2-3 weeks)).

The Press would publish the details of the change of your name (or father's/mother's name, or surname as be your case) and post you two copies of the Government Gazette or ask you to collect the same. The press would also let you know when they would publish the same.

Thereafter wherever you wish to submit your change of Name / Father's/mother's Name / Surname Proof, you can submit true copies of the relevant pages of the Gazette.

The procedure is adopted for the change in the date of birth and age and even for a change of religion.

(Guest)

Dear Deepak,

take assistance of a lawyer.

haqqani (student)     30 May 2010

my name is syed haqqani .now i am studing b.tect 3rd year ........My problem is

In my 10th and  inter certificate my name is sayad akhan baba and also my father name is syed khaleel but correct name is syed haqqani and syed kareem ......

i want change my name and father name in ssc ,inter,b.tect.

so sir please help to change the name`s or tel me the process how to change..plz plz plz try to help me sir

manugula rajashekhar (b.tech)     30 August 2011

Respected sir, my name is MANUGULA RSVV JYOSULU SARMA(MANUGULA RAJASHEKHAR VISHNU VALLABA JYOSULU SARMA), but it will be printed on my  s.s.c certificate as MANGULA RSVV JYOSULU SAR. and now iam completing my B.Tech. now i wish to change my name as MANUGULA RAJASHEKHAR.is it possible or i need to correct my name in  certificates, if it is possible please tell me the procedure. is there any problems in the future regarding the name change please tell me those also, can any one please help me thanks in advance

manugula rajashekhar (b.tech)     08 September 2011

Respected sir, my name is MANUGULA RSVV JYOSULU SARMA(MANUGULA RAJASHEKHAR VISHNU VALLABA JYOSULU SARMA), but it will be printed on my  s.s.c certificate as MANGULA RSVV JYOSULU SAR. and now iam completing my B.Tech. now i wish to change my name as MANUGULA RAJASHEKHAR.is it possible or i need to correct my name in  certificates, if it is possible please tell me the procedure. is there any problems in the future regarding the name change please tell me those also, can any one please help me thanks in advance

srinivasulu (b.tech)     14 October 2011

Respected sir, my name is A.SRINIVASULU , but it will be printed on my  s.s.c certificate as A.SRINVASULU. and now iam completing my B.Tech. now i wish to change my name as SRINIVASULU(ONLY 'I'LETTER IS MISSINNG.is it possible or i need to correct my name in  certificates, if it is possible please tell me the procedure. is there any problems in the future regarding the name change please tell me those also, can any one please help me thanks in advance

sushma (student)     23 December 2011

sir my name is Sushma kanwar , but it was printed as Shushma kanwar in my  10th class certificate . And in my 12thclass  and graduation certificate it is  Sushma kanwar. Now, i want to change my name in 10th class  certificate. There is 1 extra H in my 10th class certificate. So, could you pl tell me how to correct it....pl. sir

Thyagamoorthy (student)     28 July 2012

sir i m having an additional doubt for what you have said above, i.e

in my ration card, pan card, voter id,  the name mentioned is [Thyagamoorthy]

but in my 10th certificate the name mentioned is [Chettiar Thyagamoorthy parthiban]

and due to some changes in mumbai university rules mother's name was also included,

so in my degree certificate the name mentioned is [Chettiar Thyagamoorthy Parthiban Parameswari].

i wanted to apply for passport, but i have lots of problems, what should i do?????

please help me sir..........

Nitish Gupta (btech)     31 October 2012

Sir my father's name D.Venkata Satyanarayana but in ssc and all my certificates is D.Sathyanarayana .May i have any suggested way so that my father's name will be changed to D.Venkata Satyanarayana in my certificates.Thanks in Advance sir

Dev (Manager)     10 December 2012

Mr. Vishal has explained the proper procedure to get your name changed on different certificates,

Just go to the State Government Press in the Capital City of your state and purchase the form for name change

and follow rest of the procedure, its an easy process.

shiva (Software Engineer)     09 February 2013

Hi All, 

My Full name is Sangu (surname) and Shiva (first name)

In my 10th class (SSC) certificate it is S.Shiva and in my intermediate certificate it is Sangu.Shiva

Is it will a problem or shall i need to change the name in intermediate certificate as per 10th class.I want to apply passport. 

Please suggest me in future any legal issues will be there with present pattern of names and which name either S.Shiva or sangu shiva.

Thanks & Regards

=============

Shiva

sanjeev kumar (student ahead)     04 October 2013

hello 

respected

sir /madam

i want to change my name from sanjeev gupta to sanjeev kumar in my  ,registrationcard .

i am reading in class 10th from jkbose srinagar  j&k  .please help me

Ravi (Fresher)     10 October 2013

Sir,

My name is POTHKUNURI RAVI kUMAR but my name is my ssc,inter,degree certificates is POTHKUMURI RAVI KUMAR.

just a letter N in my Surname is misplaced with M.can i Apply for passport with my original name i.e, 

POTHKUNURI RAVI KUMAR Or Should i Continue my name as in my certificates.....

Please Suggest me........

mahesh (student)     27 May 2014

hi...as per my birth certificate and passport my name is yadava mahesh.but in my ssc result,hsc result and my degree result my name is yadav mahesh.what is procedure to change my name in my all result or is der any other way to correct my name..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register